This tea party program is provided by a costumed interpreter who describes the history of Hannah Ingraham and her experiences as a Loyalist. You will learn what it was like for a child to start a new life in a new land after the American Revolution.
We provide for this program:
• Use of a museum room for 1 to 2 hours (private party) equipped with tables and chairs
• Tea and snickerdoodle cookies for program attendees (please specify if you want iced tea or hot tea)
• The program, which includes: a brief history of the Loyalists and a reading from Hannah’s Reminisces
• Self-guided visit through the museum
• Please book your program no less than 7 days before your preferred date so that we can arrange for staff and supplies
• Program fee is $10 per person and a minimum of 10 people are required for the program with a maximum of 16 people
• All attendees must be paid for when arriving at museum or prior
• There is an overtime charge of $10 per half hour
• Booking dates are subject to availability and museum hours
• Reservations are required for program (fill out form below)
• We ask that you please do not touch any of the artefacts in the museum; any significant damage to the artefacts will be charged to the person who booked the program to get it restored
• We ask that you please do not remove the food provided for the program from the room it is provided in
• Any significant damage to the room or site will be charged to the person who booked the program
• The Museum reserves the right to deny admission or exclude from the premises any individual(s) whose behaviours negatively impact on the Museum, its guests, volunteers or staff
• The Fredericton Region Museum is not liable for any losses or injuries incurred during the program
• Please note any food allergies and mobility challenges in the form below
• To book a program, or for more information, please contact the museum office or fill in the form below
Payment is due for the group upon arrival. Payment can be made by cheque or cash. Cheques should be made out to the York Sunbury Historical Society. A minimum of 10 people are required for the program.
Programs require special scheduling and if cancelled let than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time can cause some difficulty for the staff. Half the program fee will be charged if less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given regardless if the program is rescheduled.
To book a program, download the PDF form below, fill it out and deliver it (by fax or by hand) to the museum office at 571 Queen Street.
You must call the museum office or send an email to cancel and re-schedule a program. If you decide to cancel on the day of your program, call or email early in the morning. Leave a message if no one is in the office.