We’re hiring a new Executive Director/Museum Manager!
Apply with your resume and the names of two references to:
Fredericton Region Museum
Executive Director Recruitment
PO Box 1312, Station A
Fredericton, NB, E3B 5C8
Or deliver your resume to:
The Fredericton Region Museum,
571 Queen Street, Officers Square.
In addition to your regular details, your resume and covering letter should state how you acquired and used the following competencies and skills:
A. Computer Skills & Competency
B. Supervision Skills & Competency
C. Managerial/Administrative Skills
D. Passion for History
Also, please provide on a separate sheet, 3-4 short paragraphs on what you view as the most important objectives and/or priorities of a community museum.
This competition closes on September 15, 2017.
Fred White, Director & Treasurer.
For Reference Purposes Only:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FREDERICTON REGION MUSEUM/YORK-SUNBURY HISTORICAL SOCIETY JOB DESCRIPTION
GENERAL Reporting to the Board of Directors of the York-Sunbury Historical Society (YSHS), the Executive Director is fully responsible for the organization’s operation in fulfilling its mandate and in promoting excellence in the preservation and presentation of the heritage of Central New Brunswick. This top-level position oversees the delivery of all programs and services; human and resource management; events coordination and communications; and all other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS The ED should have demonstrated skills in all most aspects of nonprofit management; an understanding of and passion for cultural heritage though museums and/or built heritage preservation, and at least three to five years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility plus a bachelor’s degree; or 7-10 years related experience.
Assets to be considered would be experience in any of the following: fundraising, marketing, audience development, and museum operations.
Proficiency with standard computer software and electronic communication tools is required.
An understanding of Board Stewardship by experience serving on or working for a board is a strong asset.
An equivalent combination of training and experience,` ` ` as determined by the Board of the Society, may be considered in the filling of this position.
• Assumes management responsibility for all Fredericton Region Museum (FRM) services and activities
• Researches, recommends and administers policies and procedures of the Board of Directors
• Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for the organization
• Develops, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, strategies for enhancing the museum and historical society
• Assists in the development, implementation and oversight of the FRM Strategic Plan
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with persons and groups directly or indirectly involved in the planning, maintenance, operations and development of museum (FRM) and historic society (YSHS)
• Coordinates the activities of and assists committee members with development and implementation of work plans and projects
• Serves as the FRM’s primary external contact and spokesperson, including interaction with the media, community associations and others as necessary and appropriate
• Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates staff members, as well as overseeing the work of volunteers and professional consultants
• Attends and reports to committees and the Board of Directors at meetings
• Prepares a variety of special reports as requested by Board members
• Understands the role of technology in information exchange and works to ensure that FRM employs the contemporary and innovative methods needed to reach multiple demographic groups
• Oversees and coordinates fundraising and revenue development activities. Identifies new initiatives and partnerships to grow the YSHS membership and revenue
• Oversees and coordinates exhibits, collections and publication projects
• Responsible for grant writing and community sponsorships