The gift from Sean Dunbar and his brewery, Picaroons, was presented to the York Sunbury Historical Society President, Maxine Campbell, prior to the Annual General Meeting on May 21st.
Fredericton, NB (June 1, 2015) – A local brewer, passionate about New Brunswick’s history and giving back to the community, has donated $10,000 to the York Sunbury Historical Society, the largest private financial donation it has ever received.
The gift from Sean Dunbar and his brewery, Picaroons, was presented to the York Sunbury Historical Society President, Maxine Campbell, prior to its Annual General Meeting on May 21st. The generous donation will go toward supporting the Fredericton Region Museum’s operations, development of history education and exhibit programs, and collections management projects.
Picaroons Traditional Ales, in the spirit of giving back to the community in conjunction with highlighting points of New Brunswick history, prepared to develop a series of beers each of which would have a specific commemorative label. The 104th Regiment Brown Ale marked the first in his series. This represents the first in a series of partnerships between Picaroons Traditional Ales and historical institutions in New Brunswick.
Picaroons offered to donate twenty-five cents from the sale of each bottle of the 104th Regiment Brown Ale to the Fredericton Region Museum, which operates under the auspices of the York Sunbury Historical Society. “We were thrilled when Picaroons approached us about the 104th ale initiative,” states York Sunbury Historical Society Executive Director, Ruth Murgatroyd. “We are incredibly appreciative of this donation.” The brown ale continues to be popular now under the new label, the Connell Stamp. Twenty-five cents from every bottle sold will be donated to the Connell House – Home of the Carleton County Historical Society in Woodstock.
About the Fredericton Region Museum:
The York Sunbury Historical Society founded the Fredericton Region Museum in 1934. In 1959, the museum found permanent headquarters in the (571 Queen Street) in the heart of downtown Fredericton. The society and museum remain a non-profit enterprise with a small paid staff and numerous volunteers. Spring hours (April – June) are Tuesday – Saturday 1-4pm.